What are the Jeep Selec-Terrain driving modes?
Jeep models offer a wide variety of assistive performance features. Aside from the impressive towing capacities and power outputs, Jeeps also come with an assortment of 4×4 drivetrain systems and a Jeep-exclusive Selec-Terrain driving mode. What is the Selec-Terrain driving mode and how does it work? Find out below!
Benefits of the Jeep Selec-Terrain system
Most Jeeps come equipped with Selec-Terrain if they have a 4×4 driving system. There are four different driving modes to choose from (Auto, Sport, Sand/Mud, and Snow) with a fifth Rock setting available in the Trailhawk trim that comes in available models. Below you’ll see a brief explanation of each mode:
- Auto: This is the default mode and is best used for casual day-to-day commuting on paved roads.
- Sport: If you enjoy sporty driving with quick throttle response and powerful performance, this setting will be a fun one for you.
- Snow: Winter weather conditions can negatively impact your traction and handling, but that’s made easier with the Snow mode. It will evenly distribute torque amongst all wheels.
- Sand/Mud: If you find yourself trying to drive through sand or mud, you’ll want to maximize traction while using a low gear. This is what the Sand/Mud mode will do.
- Rock: Only offered on the off-roading Jeep models, this mode will evenly distribute power and torque while locking axles so you can drive over rocky terrains with ease.
Jeeps are clearly the ideal choice for optimal performance, be it on the road or off it. Learn more about the Jeep Selec-Terrain system by contacting our team here at Westgate Auto or schedule a test drive on our website to test it out for yourself!